Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight savings

So I was thinking and started to wonder why in the world we have daylight savings. I mean it seems pretty pointless because all it does for me is make me get up earlier and puts me in a bad mood. So I researched it and this is what I found. Benjamin Franklin made it up so we could make better use of the day time in the summer, also so we could enjoy summer evenings and play outside longer. I'm sure i'll enjoy that extra hour in the summer, but for right now Benjamin Franklin is on my bad list.

3 comments:

Pirkle Family said...

Interesting stuff! Thanks for taking the initiative to investigate your bad mood. Hope you adjust soon. Love you, Mom

Katie said...

Well, I just learned something new today!

Katie

Becka said...

i have to agree with you..i get in a bad mood when the clocks go ahead a hour in the spring...i'm also very tired for like 2 weeks after they first get changed! I can't stand it :(